Saturday, September 03, 2005

Beautiful

Suburban sunset (Staten Island, NY)

Today I saw the most beautiful sunset.

Of all the acclaimed paintings in all the art galleries (and I've been to quite a few), I think God is still the best painter of them all. He is the consumate artist.

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

Talk about beautiful.


Yesterday Cherfy and I took a walk through the Wall Street area down to South Street Seaport, and even though the sun was ferocious, we walked in the shade most of the way because the buildings were just so tall. Looking up, all you could see were slivers of blue. Today I took the ferry to Staten Island (passing by the Statue of Liberty - the Staten Island ferry is definitely the best "free" ride in New York) and then the bus to the Staten Island Mall. It's one of these typical suburban American strip malls with an open air car park that sprawls for miles and massive low lying buildings that stretch forever. But what surprised me the most was that looking up, there was just so much sky.

No comments: